Gents,

Still here and appreciate the update on Roger very much. All best wishes for his situation improving and him getting access to a laptop.

We're having a mixed bag of weather this summer. Very changeable and alternating between rainy days and less rainy days. Some days are not rainy but in the range of 20 C / 68 F the temperatures are not really something to brag about,

It seems that poor Garmin has been hit heavily by a ransomware attack from Russian hackers. Their system including call centers is down and has been so some three days now. Can't upload rides to the servers and can't download updates. Some speculate that their product range relating to air navigation might be affected as well. I wonder if their maritime products are also crippled and this certainly highlights the importance of keeping your services and data safe from malicious code.

So for the rides I've done during the outage I've gone into the file-system of my unit via usb cable and extracted the .fit files containing the ride information. I'll give it a few more days and if the situation is not resolved I can upload the files to Strava manually because as we say; "If it ain't on Strava, it didn't happen".


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop