Folks:

The artist presently known as C51:

Precisely what dastardly offence was I thrown in the slammer for this time? Forgive my failing memory. It is simply that I have been incarcerated so many times now that my mind is weary and it is difficult sometimes to attach the specific crime to the inevitable punishment.

You say I was sentenced to be executed? One would reasonably expect that I'd remember that one. Years of alcohol drunk in excess and a dear wife that pounds the crap out of me daily has a terrible effect on those little gray cells.

You indicate that I took your dame and then I pythiased off...... Ok. Hmmmm. LOL. I am ashamed and abjectly apologetic. To make amends please accept a small gift, a token of my heartfelt sorrow at having wounded you so painfully.

I know that you are interested in all things military and most of all things British. With that in mind I am sending by fastest mule train a heavy cardboard hat box. Inside you will find a genuine pith helmet. Wear it in good health.

Should you open the box to find it empty it will no doubt be due to the fact that during the long and dangerous journey all the pith has somehow run out. In that unlikely event please keep and wear the sturdy and somewhat damp hat box with my ever lasting good wishes. \:D

Sir SNAFU:

Thank you for reading my short story and for your kind words. Did you read my last post to you on the previous page regarding HDTV and the links I suggested you check out?

Sir Old Dux:

You are kind to say so. Thank you for reading that awful mess all the way through. Speaking of awful messes...Unlike Olga herself, I can never get enough of your stories about her. It matters little if she is belching, breaking wind or breaking bones she always entertains those who are not the immediate object of her attentions. What a character she is. Please write more and soon. Another sketch would be nice as well. Do you have anything in your portfolio illustrating your immediate neighborhood? Perhaps you have produced a likeness of one or more of your bunnies? Anything at all would be great. I have a collection started for both you and C51. You are two talented fellows. \:\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019