Thank you for reading my story and for your friendly comments. A new story from you would be well received old Pal.
Thanks also for posting those names and stats. I also found this pilot listed in one of my own volumes about the Luftwaffe.
Greif1:
I had no idea that your relatives were "Damn Yankees" Many Europeans seemed to side with the southern cause. We are all on the same side now and that is what really matters. SNAFU's folks were D-Ys too and I cheerfully ignore that 'cause he's such a cool fellow.
Do write more and post a pic asap.
Dux:
C51 says he will be posting something today. Watch for it. In addition to everything else he's been through recently, some dastardly chap stole C51's car from the school parking lot last Friday. You might want to bring that back SNAFU, he has to walk miles to work and it is always snowing in Canada.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019