Folks,

We have only put 11 degrees of temperature on the chilled thermometer by 10:15 this Sunday morn. Plenty of sun shines down but the snow just laughs and reflects it back. With an icy breeze of 5 MPH it actually FEELS like 3°F. We will not see above freezing temps again today.

Jens:

You are correct in your well written eulogy of John Young. He was an extraordinary man. Any man chosen to be an astronaut would be, of course. As your carefully chosen words point out, he was even more extraordinary than that. I had not yet seen his obit. Quote: "RIP and he is go for eternal orbit." I like that a lot. He takes his rightful place in the heavens, a shining beacon for us all to follow. He soul is forever on EVA, amongst the real stars. Thanks Jens.

Yes, I know those German words and a few more. I will try again to find the movie. Maybe it or the trailer for it is on YouTube?

A Blue sky is a good thing. We are thankful for the golden sunlight streaming through our windows. This acts like a heat trap and warms us better that the sunlight can outside. That boost gives the heating system a break. At night, the tank-less water heater provides an unending supply of piping hot water for a muscle relaxing shower. That sends me, all toasty warm and comfortable to bed on cold winter nights. How lucky are they who have such simple pleasures that are too often just taken for granted. A warm house, a warm bed, plenty of nourishing, hot food, the laughter of happy children, a loving companion. Sigh. I have most of those and I am again reminded to be thankful.

"Peaky Blinders" you say? Yes, I've seen that available on Netflix. I ignored it. With that title, it did not seem to me as you describe it. I'll give that a closer look tonight. Thanks for the tip. Watching great visions of gratuitous violence and mayhem safely from my easy chair, wonderful. And I do not have to count the broken, perforated bodies or mop up the blood. What could be better, Jens, to invigorate the sluggish senses brought on by lengthy bouts of cabin fever, on any cold, dark night? winkngrin


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019