Yes chaps, beware of the sort of bikers with engines. My very unscientific empirical research suggests that there is a 50% chance that the biker will be as high revving as his bike. The other half are just decent blokes, I think.

Once I had the audacity to park my little FIAT in a marked parking box next to a bike. The biker came out of a building close by and sent me a dirty foul stare, as if he was very displeased that I had had the gall to park my car in the same postcode as his bike. His looks said "How dare you".

When on my bike I encounter bikers with engines, they make a terrible noise and in my spandex and lycra super hero costume that you described so well Roger, I sweat and am the one who looks at them slightly derisively, in my mind going; "Hah! Who needs an engine and thick leathers to keep warm but little old ladies."

Today was fairly decent riding weather and so I headed out. I only fell down one time and I didn't meet any motorbikes. When safely home to my dismay I discovered that somehow the data from my GPS watch didn't appear on the Garmin site. Hopefully the Garmin site is just out of order and will display the data from my ride soon. I'd hate to miss the documentation part of it. This is half the fun, seeing your avg. and max. speed, pulse, height stats etc.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop