Folks,

I guess I have to eat my genuine (mail order) elk-skin mukluks. Not only has our northern boy survived, he has managed to do so in rare style. Way to go C51! Pardon me one moment while I wipe the puddle of drool off the keyboard. \:o It's a sign of advancing age I'd guess. I often do that during long moments of uncontrollable laughter. \:D

Quite right Sir Old Dux we must not forget even in our great joy at C51s amazing survival that it came at the cost of the lives of two of mother nature's most cunning and dangerous beasts. Wait the women survived by riding on narwhales..... Hmmmm. We'll sure miss the polar bears then.

Outrageous? Indeed. This story leaves all reasonable truth behind in the dust (make that snow) and advances rapidly upon the distant dogsled of fiction. Yes, of coarse I am referring to the fact that I find it absolutely impossible to believe that even a starving bear with damaged olfactory nerves and a 4 inch deviated septum would have the nerve or the intestinal fortitude to attack either one of those incredibly odiferous ladies from downwind. Not even a hungry monster whose poor nose has already been overwhelmed by the stench of frozen human urine, feces and gallons of fear inspired perspiration could manage such an attack.

Sorry C51 but this part in your otherwise credible story is stretching credulity beyond the point of shattering and that is way too far even for the well known to be stupendously gullible moi. I really must admit however that this is a superb yarn. Bravo! \:\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019