Folks,

Dux: \:\)

LOL. We missed you.

Good news. My genuine gold painted chain of office arrived by post this morning. It is a hefty thing especially when lumbered with the additional weight of the badge.

Trappings of office mean little to me of course. It is the hard, tiring work that holds my interest. And Pal, after a full hour of standing in front of the full-length mirror admiring the sparkley thing draped around my neck, I was pretty well knackered.

I am surprised that neither Dux nor C51 have shown any interest in the various HWH ceremonial offices remaining that they are both more than qualified for. Lord keeper of the Privy Chamber comes to mind. That has to be an excellent office because no one seems to know what if any the duties actually are. I know what a privy is. However we modernized back in 1930 and no longer have one out back. There is still a fancy Victorian porcelain chamber pot under every bed. Although they are immaculately clean, no one drinks his beer out of them anymore once Dux pointed out what they may have been previously used for.

C51 reports that he is deep into providing the arrangements for his students holiday concerts. Report cards have finally gone out and he cheerfully acknowledged that no one has taken even one shot at him. He leaves his classroom unlocked most of the day now and he even opened the window blinds for an hour today without one rock passing through the glass. Feeling safe, he generously lent his bodyguard and attack dog to another teacher who bravely gave failing grades to several students.

Although Thanksgiving Day approaches this week, I had to give up turkey rolling. The frozen turkey rolled fine but I was getting blood and grass stains on my ceremonial duds (denim bib overalls and blue polo shirt). She Who Must Not Be Named called a halt to the fun as she claims the turkey was getting a bit worn and needed to defrost a bit prior to roasting. There was a slanderous article in today's local paper that indicated that every Thanksgiving the fire department goes on special alert when I fire up my turkey cooker. Lies! Nevertheless, I will not be frying our turkey this year. This is principally due to a new ryder just attached this very morning to our home owners policy. It raises our deductible to $150,000 in the event of any fire in which poultry, hot oil or gasoline is involved. I am looking for another insurance agent. One who does not read the local paper.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Yawl.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019