Folks,

It is so nice to sit back and read all this friendly chatter. Thanks for posting.

JN:

Your posts aren't boring so I truly doubt that your stories would be either. Did you ever find anyone who remembered that harmless "con" we teenagers pulled pretending to be French exchange students at the old swimmin' hole in Winchester? Probably not for that was so many years ago.

E.F.:

I will leave the title as it is then. I am happy to add your fine story to our archive and look forward to many more.

Yes, such topics are loaded and even though this is a very tolerant thread I think twice before posting. Speak your piece freely nonetheless. How else can we learn how others see us?

Personally, and to climb a few inches farther out on this shaky limb, if there is animosity felt toward America I'd guess it is not so much felt toward average Americans as it is toward our present government. Although we freely elected Mr. Bush this time there is a distinct difference between the two. Note the fact that, for various reasons, Mr. Bush has a very, very low job approval rating in all the poles at home these days and it is still falling.

Yarbles:

Thank you for posting. We were hoping you would find us. The hickory bat imported from us unwashed colonials notwithstanding, your story has a real spirit of authenticity about it. I enjoyed reading it and do hope you will post more. Well done. I have added it to our archives.

Our FF SNAFU is a fellow Turtle fan hailing from the eastern shore of your fair state. When those Turtles beat Duke, State or Carolina he can be counted on to remind me. ;\)

I understand that willow is the traditional wood used for English cricket bats but frankly I'd be surprised if they don't make them out of aluminum these days. If so, there goes tradition.

Having two grand kids playing T-Ball and baseball this year I've just found out that there are actually bats available that cost in excess of several hundred dollars each. And they ain't made of hickory or willow. I couldn't believe there are 3-year-olds out there swatting at balls with bats that expensive.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019