LOL! You forgot dancing the Lancers, old sport. I must have been on leave, at least on leave from my senses when all that was going on. I had my attendance medal polished, my tails and white gloves all cleaned, pressed and ready. Too bad that I missed it.
I do seem to remember a Maypole at that 1954 celebration. Several of the smaller children and one young teacher of undetermined sexual proclivity participated in skipping around that.
As I recall, all went well until everyone more or less came to the end of their ribbon. Because the music continued, the kids felt they needed to continue as well and each kinda went his or her own way about unraveling the twists. It resembled an oriental fire drill for the blind from this point onward.
I do not know what may have happened in Drubbin's hen shed that afternoon, however, it was said that he never got one more egg from the lot after that first day of May. And as a result, he finally sold fifty shell shocked hens to an eager pie baker. I was told that several of the poor birds were in such a state they did not even have to be plucked.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019