Gents,

Roger,

You're right, I do manage to get by with the unstable weather although some of the outdoor activities apart from biking suffer; gardening is behind schedule and I had hoped to get some evening swims in, in some nearby lakes, but a lot of fellow swimmers are either on holidays in a warmer part of the world, or not really too keen, like I, to go swimming when you're not quite sure if the weather will suddenly turn nasty, like a thunderstorm with it's obvious dangers of lightning.

Today was fairly good for biking with dry and not too windy, mostly sunny conditions, and it looks like Tuesday and Wednesday may also be OK.
.
Yes, the Me 163 Komet rocketplane was designed by Lippisch and watching the video I did not spot the reference to it being a 162. Perhaps an error on the page which has later been corrected? The Heinkel 162 was indeed the larger jet propulsion plane.

Regarding the 163 being towed, I think they didn't want to risk blowing it, and it's pilot up by using it's propulsion system. These planes were more dangerous to their pilots than to the enemy because they blew up in great numbers. And they did indeed only carry fuel for approximately 10 minutes of burn, usually climbing vertically to gain height and then attack the enemy bomber formation before gliding in to non-powered landing. The simulated combat in the second video is taken from the game War Thunder; good graphics but horribly incorrect modelling of flight characteristics such as fuel capacity.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop