Yes, you might say (you probably wouldn't) For PC gamers MS is the only game in town. Bad pun.
We all know Guy Gibson and what he and his chaps did to free all that NAZI imprisoned water from the well guarded Ruhr dams. Leonard Cheshire, one of the youngest group captains of the RAF was awarded the VC. He may be a bit more obscure to many people.
Keep us informed as you read on. During my long hiatus from pounding keys and squinting at a monitor; I sometimes found myself reading up to five books at one time. That means every day I would read several chapters from each one. I never had to go to the library. As one book was finished I'd go to my own groaning book shelves and choose another.
Even at that rate I did not re-read my complete collection. I have 2 books by the bed right now with bookmarks hanging out of them. Sadly since getting back online I have more or less stopped reading for a bit. In addition to the thick book on Elizabeth I, I am also reading a paperback of Kane's memoir of the famous submarine Tang. When I finish that I will have recently read 2 books on U-Boats and 2 on US subs in WW2.
I read reasonably fast even for pleasure however I have found that this speed is much enhanced if I actually pick up the book and open it.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019