It is warm and mostly cloudy here this morning. I hope all of you got through Friday the 13th safe and sound. My former daughter-in-law flew back to Texas yesterday. She'll be there another 2 weeks. She is a Paramedic functioning as a Safety Control manager. Good work but sometimes dangerous work. It is going to take some time before all of Texas has returned to normal.
Speaking of returning to normal, Win 10 occasionally seems to think it knows more than I do about where my desktop icons are supposed to be and in what order. I have a little program called Iconoid that remembers where I want my icons to be and I can with one click put them back where they belong. This seems to be a common problem with any Windows version. Microsoft has never actually admitted there ever has been an icon rearranging problem. One search on the Internet tells a different story.
Since Microsoft has been ignoring the problem for years, I doubt we should expect an answer coming from them anytime in the next few millennia. with that in mind and because it happens fairly often, I went looking for a solution from other Windows 10 users. I found one that seems to be working. I say "seems" because I do not receive a schedule from Microsoft advising me when the next rearranging of my icons will occur. I'm sure that is merely a temporary oversight. If any of you are having the same problem just LMK and I'll pass the "fix" along to you. There were a lot of suggestions but this one requires no fooling around with the registry.
I tried another idea to change desktop settings by unchecking two settings in the view section of the desktop menu. Namely auto and grid. That did not work and the new one may not either. Just one of the many delights of owning a Windows machine I guess.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019