Folks,

Fittop:

Obviously, you avoided the major pitfalls of the holiday, as I did. I have enjoyed a large number of Thanksgivings. I stopped counting them after 2011. My wife passed away in early 2012. Still I am thankful for the 67 I keep count of. The other fellows should come straggling in before long. Two who probably do not include the tradition of Thanksgiving Day in their holly days have no excuse that I know of other than work or fishing. Nothing that I am aware of for not dropping by. I managed to write and finish a story and post it on or before the holiday. Here am I. Here are you.

It will be instructive and interesting to read how they spent our holiday. I am delighted that you were able to spend it with your family and dine upon special and delicious delicacies that passed for turkey and dressing in your home. I could not be with my son this year so that took a bit of the glow off the candles. Last year he was in a hospital fighting for life. I was with him then. I was with him in spirit this holly day and glad he is well and healthy again. For some odd reason he chose to be with his girlfriend and her family yesterday. Imagine that. smile

He would have preferred to be with his own children but could not. I was however with my grandchildren and that along with my son'd good health was quite a lot to be thankful for.

The rocket man has experience building rockets for people to ride in with no fatalities. Notice how I restrained myself from typing "idiots"? Instead I typed "people". I seem to be typing more thoughtfully now. Especially since being contacted by Dux's solicitors last year. That was a new firm by the name of Shalwee, Krushem & Wynn. They have made quite a name for themselves today but they were just starting to practice law back then. Their office is over in Scaldwell County. Towns in Scaldwell County are noted for producing the very finest boar bristle brushes.

The stupi...contrap...foolhar... impressive design reminds me of the old Nautilus sub launched missile or the X-15 rocket plane. Maybe some Nike Ajax is in there too? Correct me if I am wrong, I think all but one of those designs were never meant to either come back or carry a rider were they? For a very good reason I think. Wait, Evil Kanevil built a rocket similar to that to jump over part of the Grand Canyon. If it was, he never mentioned the world is flat... just very hard. wink

Perhaps the Flat Earth Rocket man does not expect to return to earth? Otherwise, as the flight will take place over desert terrain at least some skis fitted below might be reassuring. Perhaps, the pilot cannot designate where "below" is to be or even be sure which parts will actually come down first? A parachute delivery would be a nice, comforting touch. I always put one on all our rockets we built. All of them worked perfectly save for one multi-stage design. That rocket turned up buried nose cone first in a man's recently plowed vegetable garden.

No gardens in a desert. Perhaps the sand will be soft and very deep? If not, then it may be that first good bounce that will get him. What might he be thinking when the ground rushing up to meet him begins to fill his windscreen? Whatever it may be, before he begins praying, I'll bet you a dollar it will have the words "stupid" and "idiot" in it. biggrin


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019