Folks,

Well now men as things so often do they gang aft aglay or something like that as the poet says. I can't get the blasted computer to recognize my new CDRW drive. So I guess it's off to see the crafty folk down at the Lizard Lick Bridal Photography/Late Model Auto Salvage Yard and Used Computer Repair shop. Unless I've well and truly trashed the thing they'll surely sort it out.

Two of those brilliant guys finished Semi-Come-Loudly in their class at the well respected NC branch of 'Learn Computers by Correspondence' Schools of Remote Learning. If they completed the full two week and three day deluxe course that probably makes them the most highly technically educated chaps for miles around. Not even the part-time brain surgeon and full-time veterinarian down at the Lizard Lick Out Patient Clinic for the Marginally Coherent went to school longer than that. He claims he did but no one who has ever been treated by him believes it. Not even the animals.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I may need it. The last time I took a computer down there for a service I had to show them how to plug the power cord in. :rolleyes:


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019