Well, I have to confess that my time lost in modding has allowed me to rediscover the charms of BoB.

"Hawkinge, trying a Spit out- rather uncharacteristically. She's fast, and none too stable. I find myself revelling in the speed in a long sweeping turn. Soon enough we are engaged by Stukas and their escort, scurrying through the clouds. I find the Spit's speed to be a menace if unchecked. Closing on the lumbering bombers at these speeds allows no time at all for gunnery...but plenty enough for return fire to find me. On the fourth pass I duck as a grey clad airman nearly hits my windscreen as he leaps from his striken plane, and I feel the shudder of bullets. Now I am challenged. I call for the closest landing point and head downwards, hoping not to attract attention. A neat set of holes in my right wing seem to suck the lift from it and I am struggling to control this craft. Two circuits- damn it, how does this plane ever slow down- and I bounce inelegantly to the ground. For five precarious seconds I am on one wheel with my port wing lolling up at the clouds. Hard left rudder and I manage to get it down with a sigh of relief. I form up on two Spits taxiing ahead, and catch a glimpse of a Hurricane descending behind them (1). An unexpected cry "Red Leader- they're shooting at us!" and before I can think a mighty explosion as a leading Spit is scattered with dust and dirt and promptly blows in orange flame (2). I catch a fleeting glance of a Stuka, tracer pouring into the ground and another pulling away and upwards (3). Blast, where the bloody hell did they come from? I am helpless and I watch in horror as one of the bstards sprays something on the ground. Another Spit erupts in a ball of fire (4). This is no bloody joke. One of my flight lands in the midst of the mayhem (5). And then it's all over. We have lost two pilots in as many seconds."

Blimey, this game is surely unpredictable.





[This message has been edited by Bader (edited 05-09-2002).]


"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

BDG BoB Developers Group: Eleven! years of passion for historical recreation of the Battle of Britain.