Nope, I have never done mods outside of BoB/BoB2.
I had initially wanted to improve the terrain on FS:SDOE,
back about '01, because it was so cartoony, it looked like
an easy target for substantial improvement, but it turned
out that the editing tools were utterly opaque to me, and
I am not the sort to do a lot of trial and error hacking to
discover the interface for a software tool. I want something
that works, with a manual explaining how, or I'm off to something
else, as life is too short. This was exacerbated due to the
insanely slow response of the FS;SDOE tools "OpenPlane Studio",
which would take several minutes to reveal that the syntax
I had essayed was illegal, while the display updated with
glacial speed. Errgh. BoB's mtt2 tool was simplicity by comparison,
despite its malevolent quirks.

...did someone say something about BoB2 images? Here's a couple of
peeks at some of the stuff for 2.12 that I've had a hand in
(for some reason these seem to be throttled in size in the
forum, so right-click and view for the full size)...