Folks, JRT:

I am a little surprised that your temperatures are so warm, though I should not be. A friend in Ashville boasts of being in the seventies there with highs of 89s, but that may be due to a higher elevation.

You are barely three degrees cooler than these latitudes. We expect a high of 97 after starting at around 78. The humidity does make a difference though. It has been holding at around 51%. It's somewhere above 61% that a small towel or bandanna is needed to appear dry.

I have seen the cartoons depicting a water heater imitating a short-range missile, but had assumed that was just an exaggeration. I would really prefer to have the tank-less variety. The last time I checked the cost of new installation was around four times the normal tank job.
Besides, around here the age and condition of gas line installations cause more house as launchpad explosions than fake-missile launches.

Working Real Estate many years ago I found out about the deeply buried gas lines running from Texas-Oklahoma all the way to Boston. The subject came up while doing some deed research. Same year I heard that the same gas was cheaper in Boston than it was in the Dallas area. Some congressional sausage-making was involved.

A reunion once provided the benefit of access to an Air Force facility that tracks all those thousands of pieces of space litter buzzing around the planet like summer bugs over grass.
It was surprising to learn how many are man-made, and the potential of damage to a space station or satellite from a very small piece of debris.
Yes, we were shown pictures too!

We've all see meteors in our lifetime and I remember watching one nightly some years ago.
To avoid the local light it was best to go stand out front with the glasses. The best position was across from the neighbors house. The passing cars were no concern but my thought was I had a good excuse if the police were ever called. "See the comet, right there?"
Thankfully, no black and white ever showed up, but within a month the neighbors put a heavier shade on that window. I wonder if?...