Folks,

My dear SNAFU:

It occurs to me that I have been typing posts on this order far too many times this past year.

Congratulations to you and to Maryland for capturing the ACC title by beating two of my favorite teams, NC State yesterday and Duke today. Well done. No one killed anyone or sent them to the hospital either. Of coarse this was collegiate basketball and not the NBA. ;\)

Glad to hear you have the aggravating auto business taken care of. My sister-in-law just bought a very late model used car. SWMNBN went on a short trip with her to Raleigh today. Another sister and her mother went along as well. For some reason that is mercifully so far unknown to me they were all checking things out under the seats. Everything under there is encrusted with a crumbly layer of rust.

Sis does not recall fording any deep streams or raging rivers in the last two weeks so it looks like to me the thing had to have been filled with water at some point prior to her recent purchase. No wonder she got a good deal. She's taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.

We had a stray pooch show up here last night. It scared the cats and got our big dog all out of sorts. I feel sorry for such animals and my wife usually has to beat me with a broom to stop me from taking in every one that comes along. I didn't like this one much. This dog seemed to have a lot of Jack Russel in him.

No, not that fine breed of dog the Jack Russel terrier. I refer instead to the nasty fellow called Jack Russel who lives a few miles down the road from us. He has a nasty temper, needs a bath, suffers from parasites, barks at everyone who passes by, urinates in the yard and according to his poor wife he also bites. :rolleyes:

C51:

If you haven't been to confession lately, perhaps you should? Mainly you need to explain how a non-catholic like me could ever be given sainthood old man. Was this special dispensation run amok or what? ;\)

I know you are plagued with computer problems. Take heart, I am planning to send you a genuine saintly relic. I'll get it off to you as soon as I need to trim my nails again. As a devout person I know you'll be tremendously flattered and pleased to receive it.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019