I have been remiss in posting here, but was hoping for good news before doing so. This morning I did get a text message from Roger, so he is still among us.
Although the news is not all great, he is in good spirits and we had a long conversation afterwards.
He did want to say Hello and thanks to all for your support.
I will share all about it in a few minutes as soon as I take care of a couple of things and will then edit this post.
Edit:
First Roger apologized for taking so long to respond. Then stated that he has liver cancer and that his hopes of a long life as his grandma will probably not materialize. (His words. She lived into her nineties.)
He has waited since before Christmas for an appointment at Duke with a top tier transplant doctor. Due to the pandemic lockdown the appointment ( it was for tomorrow) has been canceled as his facility is affected.
As here and almost everywhere today, no one is allowed in or out of his facility unless they are on official business.
The drugs are unaffordable and/or unavailable.
His words: "...So smile along with me as I face death as I smile back. I am in very good spirits."
Before you and I get down, he did seem in good spirits and we talked about family and past events.
He did stress a couple of times his appreciation and thanks for the good thoughts and sentiments from you good folks here at the forum.
Roger stated he has no idea how long he has, but seems to have met his demons now.
He asked me to pass on his news, and will be sharing his phone number in private messages as he requested.
He can receive calls and has not been able to get on the forum or read too well as he does think he needs new glasses. I had previously asked if he could get a laptop in and about its security.
Last edited by Fittop; 03/17/2005:43 PM. Reason: Update