Actually I have been busy archiving a ton of misc. stuff onto DVDs. After my recent conversation here I realized that I had not backed up the contents of my thumbdrive since May! I had almost 8 GB to transfer.
As for you lamenting the arbitrary resetting of nature's natural time by governmental decree; not since I read the full unabridged version of "Quadrupeds of North America" have I been so deeply moved by the written word. I sympathize with you Dux and I feel your terrible pain.
They claim it saves a huge and significant amount of electricity. I doubt it does. For one thing dependent as municipalities are today for the sale of utilities to their captive citizens and due to the fact that they are not strenuously complaining; I question if the savings are really that significant. There must be some other reason. In a society such as ours someone MUST be making money out of it somehow. Darned if I can figure out how.
In my mind it is but a minor irritation now that I am retired losing or regaining 60 minutes out of 1440 really goes more or less unnoticed. On the other hand the task attendant to this bi-annual change is truly a pain in the nether portions. We have to move forward or backward the dials of every time device in the house and our autos. Everything has a clock of some sort on it these days and some are devilishly complicated to manage if you only do it twice a year.
That then is what pokes the pointy tip of the metal sewing device into the well stretched fabric of my tender balloon. Our time will remain 'savings time' until Nov. 7th as the original decree was amended to continue savings time for an extra month. Imagine my delight and unbridled rejoicing at the extra savings going into my empty pockets when I heard about that one.
In addition to the flashdrive I also backed up the entire MA and BoB2 folders so I can have a working copy available should something dire happen to my present modded installations. I ask Oleg's pardon for I am about to begin modding IL2-'46 by adding the Korean War mods.
While preparing for archiving I happened to run across a series of previously archived snaps of the BDG fellows who attended some British computer gaming function I have now forgotten the name of. There were OSRAM, Bader, and the rest in living color from almost a decade ago. They were demonstrating the BDG version of BoB I guess and not the Shockwave version.Speaking of Oleg, there was a photo of him visiting the BDG booth. In view of what happened later perhaps he was taking some mental notes?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019