Yup, we can't wait for anything, especially something we do not care for. Though I try my best to go to sleep according to the "new" time, it always takes a few days to get used to the "loss" of that 60 minutes. It confuses the cat and she continues to wake me according to "Cat Time" which, coincidentally, is precisely one hour different.
Ditto at bedtime too. When I retire like a good citizen according to government decree, the cat looks at me with scorn and proudly refuses to be intimidated by artificial edict. I've tried to explain why DST is so crucial to our countries continuing happiness and the domestic tranquility we have always enjoyed since DST was established. However, I admit my facts are sketchy and my attempt at convincing her is only halfhearted.
Eventually, the disharmony will prove, once again, to be only temporary. Our schedules will blend again and harmony will be reinstated.
OG: I've read you Floridians have so sensibly if dangerously chosen to ignore DST. I know that is dangerous however the reasons why seem to evade me at the moment. It might be a tad confusing to tourists but most would be used to changing time zones anyway. The rest who aren't can safely wander the clean streets of Disney World a full hour ahead of the locals. Perhaps even make an extra buck or too selling vital information about the not too distant future to those an hour behind them?
Fittop:
I'm not sure about you my friend but I'm kinda used to being in the dark, at least about many things. Like the real reason for DST. I bet the sun is shocked, shocked, do you hear, when he gets up that first DST morning every year and we are all already up to greet him. As he peeps over the foliage and hears no snoring, only us slurping our coffee. That must be quite a surprise indeed. Old Sol will spy all those deep sleepers in Florida and smile. The very reason Florida will get extra sunshine this spring and summer in spite of having one less hour of daylight.
Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 03/14/1803:39 PM. Reason: Nothing made sense without it. Maybe it still doesn't
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019