Folks,

It has begun, so maybe the bitter cold will recede like a frosty tide. We are seeing above freezing temps today albeit by only a few degrees. The report I saw moments ago indicated we had finally reached 37° F. after 201 hours (8 days) of below freezing temps. There is a winter weather advisory for the western part of the state with a tenth of an inch of freezing rain expected.

We in the eastern part of the state just west and east of I-95 will not see that. If anything falls from the sky it is likely either to be rain or bird crap. Full sun here so far today. A veritable heat wave is predicted Thursday and Friday with temps up into the 60's or just call it Fittop weather, if you like. Ponds actually froze over and my sun said the Tar River was iced over near the old home place. It has been years, decades since that happened.

Fittop:

I've been watching "Midsomer Murders" for quite a long time. People are dropping like flies in those seemingly sleepy pseudo villages of the UK. There are many, many seasons of this popular show available on Netflix. That is what really attracted me to it plus the fact C51 and his wife liked it so much. Who-done its each and every episode. I've seen just about every Brit character actor I know about in one episode or another but Dame Patricia Rutledge. Quite good shows most of them.

Add that to your list along with "Stranger Things" if you haven't watched it. I passed that up a long time until so many were heard raving about it. There are a few aviation oriented programs available like "Ice Pilots" but they are few and hard to find. You probably have seen those already.

MG:
I started watching "Peaky Blinders" last night. I was late starting watching as I had just finished watching the movie "Independence Day Resurgence", one of my Christmas gifts I had so far neglected. Yawning for sleep, I watched the lone horseman clippity-clop through a poor section of a Brit town. He was not an older man. Yet people were frightened of this fellow. Many tipped their hats or made other respectful gestures as he passed by them. An Oriental girl had apparently been summoned to perform an odd ritual for the horseman. That is about as far as I got. Many questions, no answers so far. I look forward to seeing more tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Folks, I see scientists are claiming they have proved Einstein's early 20th century prediction of a Forth Dimension. If this is true, now I know for sure where certain people I've been wondering about came from. winkngrin


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019