Gents,

Weather is still unimproved. slight rain, and dark and grey all day. I suggest anyone wanting to move to Denmark should make it through fall and winter first, and then decide....

Roger, your post illustrates and makes my point for me so well: You are spending time finding tools and tweaks, then applying them and in some cases reapplying them post-"update". I'm no longer interested in doing that. I don't want to spend my time doing that. Besides, my grievances about the ugly user interface don't go away from applying various tweaks. And every piece of extra software needed to remedy the disaster that is W10, is slowing down the system and taking up resources. Besides, if I have to start from scratch again in 6 or 12 months time, I know will have forgotten which things tweaks to download what to do. And I still can't remove Microsoft's bundled apps like the awful Groove which sticks it sorry arse out every time it notices a mediafile, without hacking the registry db and my point is I am not supposed to spend my valuable time fixing this. No way!

Windows 7 works fine, does what it should and with EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit), Malwarebytes and anti-virus, securitywise it is really not an unacceptable risk, so I'll stick with that for the time being.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop