JR2, it is indeed unfortunate to see the forum and particularly HWH reduced to a few posts a day. I think that with a game as old as BoB, there is little new blood joining in and the old blood has either moved on to something else or at best are much less interested. WOV may change that somewhat.
The console wars are indeed heating to a fever pitch. Sony appears to have trumped MS with shear power in their PS3. To answer your question, I would think these next gen machines would easily handle BoB or WOV. The sport over 3 gig cpu's, 512 memory, top of the line graphics and hard drives. The only issue I can think of that may be a problem now is flight controls. Not that they couldnt be developed but there are not currently much in the way of joysticks, throttles and pedals for flight sims on consoles. The days where the consoles can complete or exceed pc power has arrived. And their value IMO lies in the fact that when you put in a game they just work. No driver or upgrades every 5 minutes to run the newest games. The games are optimized for the console and run flawlessly on them every time. I'm still a pc boy but the gap is closing.
Weather is plain aweful here. Pouring rain and low 50's. Yuck!