Gents,

I often recall an abortive mod to a Keil Kraft Mig 15 which I built eons ago. It was intended to be powered by a Jetex propellant but instead I lined the inner fuselage with thoroughly inadequate cigarette packet silver foil and installed a cheapo firework rocket (less stick) somewhere at centre fuselage.

I lit the touch paper and depatched the model with all due haste at the first sign of ignition.
The Mig, tail heavy, zoomed for the heavens and at the top of the climb flames burst through the fuselage and the heavily doped airframe descended wraithed in sheets of fire with the still attached rocket blasting away in all directions. It reached the ground in many fiery pieces and a few seconds later there was a bloody great explosion that dispersed anything that was left - including green, yellow and red coloured balls.

What a complete balls-up. It had not occured to me that the rocket would explode when almost exhausted.

JRT,

Home made rockets? It's a wonder you didn't immolate yourself!!


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------