Folks,

I have found a freeware icon editing program that I think is about as useful to me as was the commercial Microangelo editor. The title is Greenfish Icon Editor Pro. Odd name but it works for me. Now and then Win7 just eats one of my desktop icons. Now and then when I change the name of one of them they switch to a generic icon after rebooting. Now I easily backed up my desktop icons. Getting them back that way is easier than drilling down to the right folder and file and sending over a new shortcut. Often that does not work and the generic icon remains. This is strange perhaps however I did not like the icon for the icon editor so used it to change it.

I know you like finding these little utilities MG so maybe you haven't seen this. The GUI is not so fancy as Microangelo but it is simple to navigate and intuitive. Especially so if you have used another icon editor. Decisions, decisions, so often there are so many choices. This time I found the editor early in my search so you may know of a better one. If so, LMK.

Speaking of choices, and someone just did, I remember that time Dux and Olga were having a heated discussion as to why he was seen leaving the student nurses billet over at the village of Swine Wallow. They were on the third floor of Minne Moe Swallows' Public House, Poker School, Petrol Station, and Sanitary Flop House when the conflict broke out. I mean literally broke out. That being when Olga broke a full bottle of Thames Embankment Red, Vin. Saturday, right over Dux's head. Slightly dazed, (not from the bottle but rather from the wine he had already swallowed) Dux staggered about the room clearly looking for a way out. There being 8 doors available to him he could not make up his drink muddled mind.

"Which way would you not wish to go out?" Olga asked. Trying to focus made his head hurt even more. Despite that, he took another hard look about him. Seeing a window, his face brightened and he replied, "I wouldn't want to go out that window." Soon, Dux found himself airborne. Looking back, he saw Olga waving from the third floor window he had just sailed through. A second later he hit the dusty road below and all went black. The doctor said the large pile of horse manure he had landed in probably saved his life. Olga may not have control of her temper but one thing you defiantly had to give to her; Olga of Minsk's aim was perfect.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019