Since our posting has dwindled as it has, and, this year, I'm guilty as anybody. I'm thinking HWH might end its long life on or about our 2019 anniversary, April 24th. Maybe sooner if posting stops altogether. Of course, if one or two of we few wish to keep it running longer than that we may certainly do so.
Our newest members Fittop and OG still post now and then and Jens is lurking about looking for any reason to post. Dux pops in a bit more frequently but, to my mind, not often enough. I am the only one brave enough to occasionally post a fictional HWH story. Having said that, I think everyone enjoys OG's "True Life Adventure" type flying stories, I do. I know guys, it is, of course, rather difficult to post an "after action" report when we cannot play our game anymore.
Let's think about it and make your feelings known. We should not forget there are a ton of folks still visiting and reading. Look at how many since April 24, 2018 when the total was around 19 M. We now have had 20,683,226 views. 1,161 pages and 11,603 replies. Not a record, I'm told, but respectable, considering the limitations of so few members posting. That is a tribute to SNAFU, and to your loyalty my friends. I am sure its meant a lot to our readers and I know It has meant quite a lot to me.
Why bring up the subject? It is simply that time of the new year that I look at the numbers and take stock. Then bring up the subject of continuing HWH Continued another year.... or not. We welcome any comments from members and readers alike.
In other news. The cold is back, I saw the thermometer shivering down to at least 26° F. last night. Maybe that's sauna temperature for our MIA pal Jens. Down south it is considered frigid. I know folks up north in Michigan, Wisconsin and the like probably think 26° F. would be time to close the ice fishing houses due to the the beginning of spring.
My trials with the infected laptop continue. Bugs not responding to treatment. So nothing good to write home about so far. I've sprayed insecticide in there and am searching for that half used bottle of dog penicillin but with no luck so far.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019