Fittop: Gosh, Fittop, no dog when you were growing up? That IS sad. I had a little Cocker Spaniel I named Sparkie. That dog ran everywhere he went and especially after moving things. He didn't chase parked cars but he did chase moving cars and trucks. One day he tangled with the milk truck with dire results. Somehow that truck broke his tail. WE had not yet docked it and that did it for us. I could not bring myself to cut the broken tail off soI let it hang. In about a week it had turned black and stank. I bigger kid caught Spark and just pulled it off. The dog was fine. I saw him run smack into a tree once.
I am glad that you feel welcome for indeed you are. Yup, we are kindred spirits here. It looks like we will celebrate our 17th year since our fearless founder SNAFU initiated this thread. in 2018 unless something very unpleasant happens. Hopefully, we can and will all be here to celebrate that occasion on April 24th, 2018. I've been fooling about with PCs since about 1984 and I can't say I know anything about them all you fellows know. I am still learning or at least attempting to. I'm fascinated by 'em. Look Fittop, I could not hope to take off a Buff with any hope of returning safely much less carry out a mission over hostile territory. I met a fellow here that claimed he flew flight sims so much that when he went for his private ticket his instructor was so impressed he offered to let him solo on his second day. Not so sure I believe that.
I'm looking forward to that Galaxy S8 coming tomorrow. This LG has fought a good fight but it isn't cutting the mustard now. I've had to lighten the load so many times by deleting apps so the os could update I'm tired of it. LG phones are good depending on which one you get. This one has very little memory on board. I miss my S5 so I traded up to the new S8. No, LeRoy it may not have all the ding dongs and tweets that $1000 Apple phone has. I'm not even sure what those are. If I'd paid that much for a phone I'd at least expect it to darn my socks, trim my toenails, pick winning lottery numbers, and reliably connect to Penelope Cruz's private number.
If it comes on time, I'll be busy getting the phone set up and transferring my settings and apps plus getting some new ones. Considering all they do and they call them smartphones. I'm thinking they should be called smart devices that, incidentally, also make phone calls. How ever did we do without them for so many years? For decades only Dick Tracy had anything like one. He was in the funny papers. If smartphones disappeared at the crack of noon tomorrow, how many teenagers would lay down pass away without their customary instantaneous connection 24/7 with their social contacts?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019