We are advised to expect 92°F. for our high today. That would be with high humidity and up to a 50% chance of showers after 4 PM. Some storms may contain heavy rain and strong winds. OK. It is summer in Carolina. I can deal with that. Just keep the hurricanes away.
I hope it is cooler and maybe wetter for you Fittop. Good lord Fittop.... wine a AND beer? Ha! The sickest I can remember ever surviving in my older teenage years was from having beer and wine together. That was at a High School play's after party. No, I shouldn'ta hadn'tna oughtna dood that. I learned that the hard way... as usual.You are a stronger man than I. I was truly a novice drinker back then, I had never had more then one beer before that. A Bud chased by a few good sips of cheap wine seemed OK to me though my date advised against it. Despite the fact she was going with me, she was a very smart girl.
That single episode taught me a good lesson about drinking that I never forgot. I got my girl home safely and on time thank goodness. But I was, however, late getting in as I sat in my car in front of her house for quite a while until I felt well enough to drive home. For a time it seemed a tossup whether I'd go home or the emergency room. I said I was a novice.
MG:
"Overcast in Copenhagen", sounds a bit like the title of a book about flying the mail in the 20's and 30's. So, the drought continues. Then I am surprised that you do not dream of rain. I hope you will have several days of slow, soaking, drought breaking rain very soon.
Yes. Those RCs are fascinating to watch, especially the larger scale jobs piloted by a good stick. At distance, I can often not tell they are not full scale. I was looking at a YouTube video just yesterday that featured a very large scale Connie with a perfect TWA paint job. Incidentally, that reminds me, I once worked for a company owned by KLM. Odd, how the Dutch Airline just popped into my memory because I mentioned Howard Hughes' TWA.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019