I tried but was unable to get to the forum or HWH last night. Perhaps the servers were extra busy?
The misery is finally on the run and I felt like some BoB action today so I flew a few missions. Got two was shot down by one. Crash landed in a lovely filed filled with sheep.
I just read a post all about the new BoB coming from Oleg in 2005. It seems to be predicated on the fact that we will all be using mini-Cray computers running light speed or faster (is that possible in 2005?). A lot can happen in just a year or two. We used to say CPU speed doubled every 18 months. Now that seems to have sped up a good bit.
Someone noted that he had just upgraded to a 3.plus Gig CPU and a new GForce card with 1 gig fast RAM and still he had trouble running some monster game or other with all features enabled.
Clinging to older technology as I do that is simply stunning to me. It's like chasing your tail friends. No matter how robust your system grows to be over time you can bet someone can develop a program or a game to stretch it to it's limits and far beyond. Oh well, that's what keeps the registers ringing in December, right?
Still if you have a 3 gig CPU and 1 gig of fast RAM now and it won't do the job this makes me wonder what we'll all be pressing our runny noses onto the cold store windows to drool over in 2005?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019