Folks,

File this under UFOs: (Un-official Flying Objects)

Friday as the old dog and I were returning from a long tramp 'round in the woods by the river there came to our ears a buzzing, whirring almost chainsawish sound from just above the trees.

We raced to a clearing just in time to see a couple of home-built ultra-lights pass right over in line-astern formation. They were scudding along just under the low cloud base making a bee-line for the local airport.

That must be great fun I thought. Envious, I watched them until they became tiny dots that hung in the air and finally disappeared from my sight in the mist. Shortly, even though I strained hard to hear, even the sound of those high pitched engines faded into the distance. It began to rain and I knew the lucky bastids were home and dry even before the dog and I had walked the half mile home.

Hmmmm. Quiet around here isn't it? Wasamatter, cat got yer tongues? Er, make that "Cat got yer fingers"? I guess that's what I meant to say. ;\)

Even the stalwart and usually dependable Canadian branch is uncharacteristically quiet this evening. Perhaps he's watching an Aurora or something northernish like that? :rolleyes:


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019