Having worked with some real aviators and Aviators, it'd be an honor to be mistaken for one of them. The best system operator I worked with was a Navy man. During one of the meals two of the other guys mentioned that although the T-38 had many advantages, slick, fast, etc. most of us enjoyed the T-33 we used in training. We were one of the last classes to do so. At least we did not need ten thousand feet to do a loop or a pressure suit. Whether that's a true statement or not, I leave for someone that knows better. I still have the tool used to verify the fuel tank was closed and locked. I am still surprised at the short length of the wings are on that thing (or on the F-105 "Thud" workhorse). Listening to the afterburners the other day was a delight. I think I'd be watching the fuel gage.
Glad to only read about Zena. I commiserate with you but relieved the lady's feline here was, right-or-wrong, "fixed". As a dog-lover, it's bad enough to catch the grief when the owner goes to visit her daughter and leaves me in charge. By the second day, the cat jumps on my lap; I am looked straight in the eye and given a lecture and questioned as to why I allowed that to happen and BTW, where's her lunch?
Your bit on shooting was enjoyed. Even in New York City, after earning enough to do so, I bought me a Remington 513T and putting in a soft case, could and would take it from the Washington Heights area via subway to the target range located around Houston St. in the Wall Street area. Yep, unloaded and I even removed the bolt sometimes, but I never had a problem. That would probably not be wise these days. But I found out we had a soccer team in High School and that seemed more fun at the time than an indoor range with the Rifle Team.
Later today, I will try to see if I can duplicate some of the stuff they were kind enough to show us in a Texan II simulator in Randolph. Hey, I can dream, right?.