Folks,
Dux:

I am sorry to read that your brother has been poorly. No doubt you are thinking wistfully about more fun in the sun. Not much sun here these days. These tropical depressions rolling by every few weeks are bringing cloudy days and nights this September. I managed to get in only a half mile walk today and none yesterday. I have however managed to add an additional 20 lbs. to my weight lifting regime this week so with that and my isometric exercises I am doing all right. I have not managed to buy a bike yet but I am still considering it more and more especially every time MG pedals across one of these pages.

Having spent far too much time (not as a patient) in hospitals myself I can verify that, patient or not, it is with an overwhelming sense of pleasure that one emerges into the sunlight out of hospital once more. My son was recently injured requiring surgery on his foot. He spent almost 3 weeks including convalescing in our local hospital whilst being subjected to hours of TLC provided by a veritable smorgasbord of mostly lovely and always caring nurses. He loved that but hated what they were doing to his poor foot on the worst days. He is out now, off crutches, sporting a fancy cane for another week or two. I spent quite a bit of time with him while he was unable to get about.

Did you read the trivia story above? If you did, no doubt, it will bring back some memories. Keep us posted on your plans to relocate to your own brand of British paradise.

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 09/20/16 10:51 PM. Reason: Not enough "s"es

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019