A raw and messy morning. Patchy rain or freezing rain is falling over some areas of the state. The temp here is 33°F. at 11:15 AM. Much of our snow has melted leaving grass islands behind. The roads are perhaps slippery but fairly clear as far as I can see from my upstairs bedroom window. We are in a rural area and I have yet to see a snow plow no matter how deep may be the snowfall.
West of us, I suspect, the story is different, especially in the mountains. Schools are closed today. Bridges are icy. There is a chance of more snow today and tonight . As the storm pulls away north and east over the coastal area, cold air is following it and some places are already seeing everything turning to snow again. Tonight the temp will fall into the mid 20's F, and that may likely mean more freezing overnight and a slippery morning tomorrow.
We had a few blinks during the storm but our power stayed on. Over 250 K others power went off. Two deaths so far have been attributed to this big storm. Rain is expected this weekend with some flooding likely due to snow melt and the additional rain/
Dux:
Enjoy the warmth of your family which is always the best of this holly day season. I also wish for you and all a happy and prosperous New Year.
Disclaimer:My wishes haven't been as effective as I would prefer recently, so that happy and prosperous bit may be entirely up to you.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019