Those are lovely screenies. It looks a might chilly down below. If so, it must be absolutely frigid aloft. Even wearing fur flying suits and boots how ever did they cope with the bitter cold?
The Sopwith Tripe was a good plane in its time. It was replaced by the Camel in 1917 before the Dr.1 made it on the scene.
You talked me into it old boy. I'm off across no man's land to join up with that rowdy bunch of spiked helmeted sausage eaters. I will try my best to send you and the lads a few good bottles of Gew�rztraminer at Christmas time if there is another truce.
One more thing; I promise to wag my wings and wave hello before I shoot you down.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019