The temp is 46°F. right now at 10 AM but we are warned by the fearless prognosticators that we are in for a big chill all this week. The wind is expected to be a factor bringing wind chills into the teens especially at night. That sounds suspiciously like Danish weather to me. Could it be a certain someone has unloaded a week's worth of cold on us? Nope, turns out it is our pals to the north, the generous Canadians who are sending Arctic weather our way. As one of them was fond of saying at a time like this..."Thanks a pant load". I just knew the way things were going that it would not be long before winter weather would sneak in and instead of complaining about the heat I'd be concerned with the cold.
We have years when the cold never gets far down into the 20's much less the teens. And often we have years without snow at all. So perhaps it may be a bit silly of me to complain about winter? I actually prefer cold weather to the humidity and heat of summer. I'm really not much concerned about the cold unless it gets into the single digits. That is when you start to see our southern birds lining up to have their wings deiced before takeoff.;D
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019