OT (Big Time) File this under "It Pays to Play". And it really does too, if you take good care of your toys.
We've been going through all our stuff throwing out the useless mess we've accumulated over 32 years. My wife has a stack of junk to throw out that is now 20 feet high and too wide to drive around with one tank of gas. I on the other hand was unable to distinguish the wheat from the chaff as easily as she. After 2 weeks of effort my stack consists of some old report cards, a used toothpick, 4 bottle caps and a burned out 100 watt light bulb. Hmmm. I think I can still use those bottle caps for something and surely I can find many uses for that light bulb....
Anyway, while we were arguing over the obvious disparity between the size of her trash pile and that of mine, I noticed something interesting poking out of her mountain of worthless stuff. It's golden color softly reflected the sun and it was located about halfway to the top. There protruding from a tangle of girdles, baby dolls, and psychedelic high heels was something truly precious that belonged to me.
Yelling bloody murder, I grabbed a stepladder and began to climb. Reaching the top of the ladder and stretching out my arms their full length I noticed that my wife was shouting something at me that did not seem to be encouragement. Sure enough about five feet from the summit of that heap of old bed sheets, coats, hats and intimate apparel, I ignored the danger of falling and retrieved my genuine "copper" colored (looks gold to me)Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol made in the 1940s by the Daisy Mfg. co.
What memories the feel of that long forgotten weapon brought back as I stood there on the ladder, held it out and drew a bead on my dear wife who instantly ducked behind a tall stack of 78 rpm records. I did not fire for fear of hitting the records, those would be keepers too if I had my way about it.
In spite of her rational protests to the contrary I find that this particular toy is in fact valuable, I mean in cash, not just nostalgia. Check out this website and you'll see why the wife is now rummaging desperately through her gigantic mountain of junk.