Folks,

I do not know how hot it is in the Sahara or even what the temperature is way down below sea level in our own Death Valley for that matter. I suppose if you are a prospector loco enough to try your luck there it is enough to roast your burro. All the weather maps on all the TV channels look like they have been painted bright shades of red.

As for around here, the thermometer in the less shady area of our garden spurted up to a wilting 96 degrees F. (35.5 C) this afternoon. It was a cool 93 degrees F. in the shade. That is plenty hot enough for me even without the 90 something percent humidity.

Speaking of the humidity, we have endured several scorching days this week where the heat index was a horrid 110 degrees F. (43.3C). Today I do not even want to know how high the index is.

Well, I had no idea what-so-ever that our sassy Daisy was so well received internationally. Ok, if we dote upon the likes of Hyacinth Bucket's (Bouquet) sister Rose and Miss Brahms from AYBS or perhaps the Vicar of Dibly or Polly from Faulty Towers, why not Daisy Duke? ;\) One thing though, being a card-carrying southerner in good standing all my life, I must say that most of us aren't like those characters at all. Well....not like Daisy that is. Pity. \:\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019