ah yes Old Dux, in a couple of days you will have to be forking over pennies for the Guy, or does this still happen? I doubt if children would bother going to all that trouble for a few pennies, but if the ante were up a bit I'm sure such a tradition would continue. I love your comment about Guy Fawkes being the only person to enter parliament with good intentions - much truth there. Indeed, lets raise a glass to them. Hallowe'en is still huge here, although costumes are mostly store bought now rather than the home made jobs we used to throw together. The massive amounts of candy sold and distributed is mind boggling. I don't seem to see as many pranks any more, in my day we were more interested in trouble than candy, but of course we got mostly apples and those horrible Hallowe'en kisses which we would just throw at kids we didn't like. Of course This being Samhain, the Celtic new year, my ancestors would make huge wicker men and fill them with animals and unpopular people and set fire to the lot. Sounds like a real blast, those Celts really knew how to party JRT, if I was your mother I wouldn't let you play with matches either. She was a wise woman and knew her son well. If it had been you there instead of Guy Fawkes, I'm sure the British Parliament Buildings would have neen history. And speaking of holidays, our newly re-elected provincial government has awarded us a new holiday in February. They are calling it family day. Whatever, I'll take it. Ah... Guy Fawkes, 5000 posts, Celtic New Year, random holidays, so many things to celebrate and so little time. Drink up fellows.
"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."