Absolutely amazing how far we've come. I remember playing the demo which was on a CD bundled with a computer magazine, and in spite of being able to fly into and out of the ground, I bought the full game once it was released and in the shops. The retail box was big and beautiful, and the manual..... Ahhhhh, I kept it on my bedside table and read it and fondled it.... ahem! Then I lurked here at SimHQ for a while to get the tips on how to get it to run. LOL!
Just writing that made me realize, again, how fast things have been happening. I no longer get computer magazines in a physical shop, demos are downloaded from the internet, and the shops that used to have computer games no longer exist or if they do, they have let specialist shops take over the market, and those only have a few dozen games for PC, the rest are for bleedin' consoles. And manuals have been done away with to be replaced by stupid quick start guides.