Gents,

Roger; Runs with Deer. I like the sound of that! Today I didn't run with Deer but took the car to the seaside because with no wind and above 83 F that seemed a better plan than to spend the Sunday in the garden. And I decided I had done enough bicycling this week. So much so, that my legs and back are a bit sore. Monday and Tuesday are forecast to be equally sunny and warm.

Purely for selfish reasons I am not sorry if there is no visit because we can use the money and the manpower that is spent on every State Visit or other major international event taking place in our country on bumping up the resources spent on our police force. The problem being, that not enough resources are available. They have had to stop accepting new police cadets dues to lack of money. A year ago the politicians were arguing about whether to build a new dedicated site for a police academy or whether to refurb an existing building. Let me see. Do we have any real estate we could sell? No, I'm afraid Greenland isn't really ours too sell. We just went there in our merry Viking Days and had a jolly good time.

I do fear that we'll get that visit anyway. Apparently while the official Denmark is praising our PM for doing a magnificent piece of diplomacy by calling The White House and turning the situation, I'm the only person in the entire Kingdom to suspect that the visit will be rescheduled because I've realised that this fits the pattern. It has been done before. Not quite uncommon in business to drop a grenade to see what happens, who lurks under the stones and what might crawl out from under them, perhaps see if there really is a united front or if some parties approach with an offer that is too good to refuse.

Anyway, no hard feelings. We did sell you the Virgin Islands a hundred years ago, and was it Truman who also once enquired? If you press me really hard, I'll write up how we gifted all the North-sea oil to Norway.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop