We have rain. Buckets,torrents, downpours, skies opened producing a deluge Biblical in nature. Cats & dogs kinda rain is beating against my windows and flooding is back in the local headlines. We would gladly share this bounty, if only we could. This is just a suggestion , mind you. Methinks a bit more specific definition of the targeted area needing rain might be in order when next you have your illustrated wife doing a rain dance in her birthday suit.
At 9:45 this rather damp Tuesday morning, the temp is 68°F. with 100% humidity and a 5 MPH wind out of the East. Reported visibility has noticeably shrunk to a squinty 1 mile distance. Did I mention it is raining? Flash flood warnings are up all around us. We are not threatened as we are on high, well drained ground with no deep water nearby (so far). The problem we may have is getting out and about just as was the case in April. Some bridges and highways are vulnerable. I feel confident that if those in desperate need will bring their buckets and rain barrels they will fill in no time. Take away all the H²0 you like. In truth, neither a drought nor a flood is anything to make fun of. However, since there is little we can do about either we may as well smile at Mother Nature. As Roman general Maximus said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
For those calendar challenged among us, today is the 21st week and 143rd day of 2017. Surely this means to everyone that today's date must be May 23. Those important personages whose birthdays happen to fall upon this date include: Born in 1052, Philip I of France, King of the Franks. And Born but a few years later in 1952, our dear old HWH Canadian pal C51. French kings bring to mind our retired Beef Eater and Major Domo of this domūs, LeRoy for some reason. The name is not unusual but the spelling is quite odd. One day, I may figure out why his parents didn't like him. I do hope his lovely bride remembers this year to have the fire extinguisher handy when she lights all those candles. I wish I were there to help celebrate. I had a most enjoyable visit to their beautiful Toronto home in 2015.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019