Folks,

Sir SNAFU:

It sounds as if you already have enough excitement on your plate with the sniper. I suppose BoB provides a welcome diversion.

My wife has three sets of relatives in your general area and they are all petrified. One cousin teaches school up there. In fact, it is not all that far and only a reasonably short Sunday drive down I-95 from where you are to us.

This morning there was yet another shooting, a 40-year old bus driver was hit. If the sniper continues this blood bath he will eventually make a mistake and get caught or be betrayed by someone. Because I am humane by nature I am trying hard to think of a suitable punishment for this rat that does not include boiling oil, electrodes, high voltage, sharp, pointy instruments and fire, no luck so far.

Perhaps the "poor" sniper had a painful childhood? Some PHd whom I have every reason to suspect had lace on his undies appeared on CNN and suggested that might be the cause of this man's hatred of humanity.

Well, heck, fellers, who didn't have a tough childhood? I remember when I once complained about walking around in circles, my dear Daddy threatened to nail my other foot to the floor! And when I begged to go outside and play ball with the other kiddies his response was always brief and the same..."Shut up and deal!" My sainted Momma used to dress me all in black and then send me out at night after telling me to play in traffic. Despite all that adversity I have shot at no one who did not shoot at me first.

No, although I appreciate your request, I will hold off on my story. There isn't much to it anyway. I'm showing respect for the others. Besides your interesting paragraph reminds me that it is high time we all got back to stories of BoB.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 10-22-2002).]