Folks,

We enjoy 55°F. / 13° C. this morning at 10:55 AM. The gray sky is mostly cloudy with occasional moments when the sun peeks out and, thinking better of it, draws the c;loud curtains closed again and goes back to sleep. Chilly still but far better than 19°.

MG:

I have had Malwarebytes free version on all my computers. This is the first computer (and my first laptop) that I have subscribed to and installed the full, paid, version on. As I have mentioned in previous posts, there are those in the tech industry that I trust that are saying AV and AM software is no longer necessary because OS and browsers are so much more robust these days. They bring their own strong protection.

Some of these savvy people even suggest AV and AM programs are pathways by which determined hackers can insert malicious code into the deepest innards of our computers. Obviously, from the problem I had Saturday, they can also wreck havoc. In that aspect they are themselves dangerous.

The winter weather you describe in your last two posts is more like what I previous;y thought winter was always like in your area of the world. Cold,dark days with the barely visible sun low on the invisible horizon. Snow falling upon snow until everyone but the snowplow drivers sat hunkered down inside their warm cottages, listening to the howling winds, sitting by roaring fireplaces, watching TV, computer screens or snow falling beyond a curtained window. Silly, what you can assume without actually knowing. After meeting you, only then I became aware that our weather can be quite similar.

I never thought much about the weather in Wales until Dux moved there. I watched so many Westerns I always felt I had a good bead on the weather down in Texas. Hot, dry and dusty in summer, cold, dry and dusty in winter. Silly me. Texas is so big there is no way you can hope to so easily describe the weather at any given moment. Perhaps this realization is one reason why I usually simply say that I know hardly anything but I do suspect quite a lot. winkngrin


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019