Folks,

It is now3:30 PM. We have just about used up all our daytime weather for today. There are a few hours of sunshine left.The current temp is a warm 88°F. and the humidity isreported to be a chilly 49%. The expected high for this Thursday is 90°F.

Fittop:

I had friends that quit their normal jobs in NC and trained as fire jumpers. Last I heard from this man and wife team of fire snuffers they were living happily in Colorodo. I think it was Colorodo. What convinces a person of at least average intellegence now that asbestos drawers are banned, to suit up and jump from a perfectly good airplane right over a blazing fire? Forests often benefit from being burnt. That seems counter intuitive but it is so, The wildlife probably would strenuously disagree for they suffer greatly. Whatever it may be that motivate these airboprne firefighters, we are thankful for them. Like my former daughter-in-law and the hundreds or thousands of her associates now hard at work in Texas and other hard hit places, they deserve our thanks and support.

I hope that your little beach and its palms will be there and fully recovered when next you visit . They are used to these big storms down there but this one and the previous storm were likely beyond anything remembered by anyone living there. The recovery will come in time just as it has to other islands and Pacific atols like Bikini. Given time nature heals what it has also destroyed. That cannot always be said of man alone.

The anti virus suite that came installed with my laptop has expired. Two weeks is considered generous these days. So online I went to find another. I am trying Bitdefender this time. I've tried most of the leaders already. I could not previously try Bitdefender because my little notebook did not have sufficient resoiurces to be compatible. If this does not satisfy I will try the AV MG uses. Naturally I had some dificulty. It took about an hour to create an account for some reason. It has never been my experience that to download a trial version of anything required setting up an account. Everyone wants my personal information these days. Install a script app on your browser like "Scriptsafe" and you will soon become acquainted with how many requests for your information there are for just about every site you visit these days. I block all that I can but some sites will not even load without allowing something to gobble up something about you.

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 09/28/17 08:13 PM. Reason: poor eyesight poorer brain

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019