An excellent if somewhat ribald limerick Old Sod. I am pleased to report that efforts on your behalf have been successful and that Hymie has completely reconsidered his accusations that, were they proved true, might have actually sullied your already dubious reputation. As we are all pretty much paddling around in that same boat with you, I felt obliged to prevail upon Hymie's well known sense of self-preservation if not his sense of fair play.
Securing a certain candid photo of the old boy in drag taken just outside his shop early one evening by Olga, I offered to trade that damning photo for Hymie's cooperation in dropping those clearly unfounded and dastardly accusations. OK. And just to be on the safe side, knowing where you generally hide your ill gotten gains, I found everything under your bunk but the Kaleidescope. I placed all the loot in the boot of Hymie's 1939 Packard. Placing an anonymous call to Hymie's insurance company, tipping them off where to find the booty, took only a minute. Then I phoned Hymie and offered him that photo.
Hymie swore that he was merely wearing a costume for a fancy dress ball on the evening in question. Who was I to argue the point... it certainly was evening and it was in fact a very fancy dress. Anyhow, old Hymie has sent you a new Rolex and begs your forgiveness. I have taken the trouble of typing a brief letter on your behalf accepting the gift and his apology. If it meets with your approval I will post it at my earliest inconvenience.
C51:
Just a few tiny flakes fell this morning and a few more later in the day. They melted before they struck the ground. Nevertheless all the little kiddies and their adult counterparts had their warm noses pressed against cold windows watching the flurries briefly filter down. This flurry immediately preceded another delightful flurry of activity on the part of the janitorial staff who had to remove all the drippy smudges.
It is what passeth for cold around here tonight and temps won't get much above 4 C. or 40 F. tomorrow. Winter is almost here. So you need a drink in the worst possible way, eh? Have you considered sucking beer out of a used hospital bedpan through an unclean skunks intestine? Could that be the worst possible way? I'd think about it but not try it.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019