Folks,
Dux:

You are quite welcome. Is it me or are those beaver sized rats down there more aggressive than ever? The man-sized bats seemed unduly thirsty as well. I believe the shutting down of the local blood bank whose basement adjoins the archives has something to do with that.

I suppose it has indeed been quite some time since anyone ventured down those 3,000 crumbling steps to the archives. I'll have to dispatch LeRoy into the bowels of HWH Hall to clear them all out again. I know old sod, he may reasonably complain for it took him three full days to fight his way back up the last time. Nothing for it though. I guess I need to inspect his inoculation records first. We dare not allow him to bring anything nasty back up here should he survive again this time...

Er...Dux, It is not unusual for you to disappear for days with one, two, even four young ladies at the time. But pal, isn't 6 years old even a bit young even for you? wink Have a great time and come home safe.

The US would welcome you with open arms and do forgive me my observation old chap, but doesn't your far greater proximity to Duxford and the like mean that you get to see many more interesting planes than I or most Americans will ever see? Yes, we have had some amazing weather for over a week now. The skies are Carolina blue and the sun shines brilliantly today however the humidity has returned. One ill timed deep breath and you stand a good chance of drowning. I understand that the boys with weather balloons, hygrometers, barometers and electric Ouija boards are predicting fall-like weather for next week. If they got it right, I'm ready for it.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019