The musings of cycling above make me wish I still had either one of the better indoor bikes I used to enjoy. Of course, that does nothing to get me off my proverbial a#$* and start at least walking on the present contraption. But thank you, McGonigle.
But I do miss the bikes, one lost in a divorce, the other lost to the same person when I mistakenly asked for help in cleaning my mother's place after her leaving this place. That was in the days before MP3s, musical earplugs and magic phones that played music. But one could read and think, even watch TV as one sweated and stretched muscles in indoor comfort. The hills appeared at your convenience and imagination, and there was no need to watch for traffic or marvel at the small dynamo driving your headlight.
Some warming would have been welcomed this morning as the thermometer digits bottomed at 23, with a chill factor of 0 as in zero F. . Don't think they will rise much above 24 degrees. There is some precipitation in the southern regions of the area, so there will be some tryouts in tire-skidding and metal bending/plastic-ripping reported.
Your efforts at translating animal vocalizations are admirable, JRT. Others and I do appreciate them, though I am afraid that based on my limited experience with cats, - rather, a cat, - the effort maybe, may be wasted at least on this one ; as she does have a way of communicating a look that plainly says: "And do I look like I give a diddley?" before she stomps off shaking her head and murmuring under her breath. It is very evident she has the number of the humans she allows to share her grace.
X-15 is a movie that I saw ages ago and probably worth another viewing. My first look at the aircraft left me with my mouth agape. The concept and the lines were so novel and clean. I have only felt the kick of afterburners or gone through the sound barrier once or twice and can only imagine what a thrill it would be to willingly do it for the first time.
Apparently I again posted without seeing your entry just above this one. I think the flight was done in real life with a broken rib? I may be confusing this one with another film.