Y'all

While the below freezing temperatures this morning made me wish for warmer trends, I did remind myself that being outside when the day starts at eighty is no picnic either. But I was inside until forced out by appointments.
Do remember taking walks in the morning going from tree shade to tree shade.

Apparently not as safe anymore to be walking with the news being full of coyotes and bobcats with no fear of humans.
A second human being bitten is now in the local -not too close- news.
Not going to turn into a scared rabbit, but it does seem that situational awareness and self defense may become more of a priority.
There is definitely one hill-dip and rise I will be avoiding this mating season. Yes, this is a city trail guys.

Yet the closest attack was on my own corner when a neighbor was walking her dog and another huge one decided to cross the street and start a fight.
Another neighbor and I were talking in my porch when this happened. We all rushed to the corner but the poor dog-walker was knocked down anyway.
That did rankle my cackles. I love dogs, but not nasty ones.

The flu has closed four independent school systems in the big city area.
Hopefully that may avoid the results in NC?
I was down for almost a week until the recent hot spell drove me to yard care.
That will teach me to wonder how I managed to stay well with the temperature and winds both changing so rapidly.
You'd think that being closer to 80 than seventy I would know to weather-dress better.

Last edited by Fittop; 02/09/19 05:03 AM.