Whatever punishment the sniper(s) gets will not bring one victim back or dry the eye of one of the suffering loved ones. It will however create the largest audience in history for a single TV broadcast when CNN tastelessly beams the BRRRRRIPPP, BURRRRIPPP, dadadada, BURRRRRIP, executions all over the world. I'll be holding a barff bag and watching, how about you?
MS just never gets it. They almost always promise more than they deliver. If Rowan and the BDG can produce a game like our BoB why can't MS with all its resources do at least as well? Here's why, they think they can make just as huge a profit without going to the trouble and expense. They target a different consumer. Someone who knows no better and will happily settle for a mediocre game that is easy to play with no real depth and no dynamic campaign. I bought the original game and played it for a while. Then I found myself playing WW2F all the time and I took the MS game off the HDD. If what you say is true of their latest reincarnation of that game they are IMHO capable of producing far better.
I have just finished watching an episode of the 1994 "Battleground" series on PBS. Tonight's title was the "Battle of France". Not a great deal has been written about this period of WW2 (particularly the air war which was included tonight) and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I hope it will be on again next Sat. night with the story of the BoB perhaps.
------------------ "Blessed are they who expect nothing. For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"